Sailing Concept of Agio Midnight Sun Raid 2016
Much welcome!Link to PDF version>>
Agio Midnight Sun Raid of 2016 is a little
different than previous versions. This time it is not a formal race but more a
joint cowboy raid for group of F18 crews, sailing and hiking together in the
bright northerly archipelago in the Bay of Bothnia. I.e. there are no formal
The plan is that we before we leave a beach we commonly decide for two (or one if time is short) legs of sailing and what will be the next beaching site.
Then we go out on the water and sail a first leg, wait on the water at the finish until all crews have finished and then make a new start of next leg towards the next beaching site. Etc. etc.
All starts and finishes are planned to be made on the water. Normally between marks or boat, but rabbit start might also be used. Which, is decided on the beach when the legs are decided.
Initial overall schedule:
Friday July 1st, 19:00
Opening ceremony and barbecue at “Brändö Konferens & Fritidsby”.
Saturday July 2nd, 10.00
Start of leg 1
Sunday July 3rd, 09.00
Start of leg 5
Saturday or Sunday 23.00
Start of Midnight Sun Leg
Monday July 4th, 09.00
Start of leg 9
Monday July 4th, 15.00
Planned finish of last leg, close to “Brändö Konferens & Fritidsby”.
Monday July 4th, 17.00
Price giving ceremony
- Navigation equipment for the area
- Worn personal flotation devices.
- Water proof mobile phone with the phone number of tender boats crew and contact persons stored.
- Be prepared to answer call from other crews and tender boats.
- Wet or dry suit for all crew
- First aid kit
- Two flares
- Knife (mounted on front or rear beam)
- Towing line.
- The boat is insured with valid third party liability insurance.
- If retiring from a leg or does not start, the crews on the tender boats is notified immediately.
There are a couple of motor boats following the fleet and they will, to the best of their ability, support any crew with problems on the legs.
All crews are expected to support any other crew that got into a life threatening situation, when it is noticed. Common sense between friends!
If some crew makes something improper during a leg, it shall as a curtesy to the other crews voluntary ake a penalty as follows:
- Sleeping bag
- Hygiene products
- Eating equipment (cup, plate, cutlery, …)
- Evening clothes ;)
- Please pack in water protective bags.
- BBQ on Friday is included.
- For the first day (Saturday) please bring your own lunch package.
- Breakfast Sunday and Monday, lunch (prepared by each crew at breakfast) Sunday and Monday, dinner Saturday and Sunday – is included and jointly prepared.
- Bring your own food (bars or similar) to have on the water.